The Oneworld Team in Malaga, 2017.
Careers at Oneworld Travel
We’re much more than an independent travel agency – we’re a family. As we continue to develop and grow, we’re often looking for individuals who want to develop and grow too – sharing the journey with us, and ultimately becoming an integral part of our family.
If you have experience in the industry, or you’re at the start of your career in travel, we’d love to hear from you. Get in touch with your respective branch to speak to someone about recruitment.
Travel Consultant (Full Time) Wakefield, West Yorkshire
Oneworld Travel is an independent travel agency group with three branches, all located in the North of England.
We are currently looking for an enthusiastic full time travel consultant to create bespoke travel packages and tailor-made itineraries, specializing in long haul destinations such as North America, the Far East and Australasia.
We are ABTA members and hold our own ATOL license – this allows us the flexibility to dynamically package holidays and offer Bureau de Exchange to our clients, meaning we have a unique advantage over other high street travel outlets.
We’re looking for someone who can fit into a strong existing team well by throwing themselves into new challenges and working with others to maximise success.
The ideal candidate will have the following skills and experience:
• Previous experience working in the Travel Industry, with strong geographical knowledge.
• A passion for travelling and adventure, and a desire to help others
• IT Skills – Experience using various travel systems, Microsoft Office applications and the ability to problem-solve IT- related issues. Any IT-related key skills, GCSEs or qualifications will be of a great advantage.
• Administration and office experience.
• Experience working in a customer-service environment, with a confident and can-do attitude.
Our employees are offered the opportunity to travel to exciting destinations as part of their role when these opportunities become available.
Contact Stephanie Wightman (Branch Manager) on email@example.com
Please attach your CV and include any information you feel may assist with your application.
Travel Manager – Business & Leisure Travel (Full Time) Stockton-on-Tees
We are looking for an enthusiastic and vibrant individual to assist in the management and development of our brand-new venture in Stockton-on-Tees.
Oneworld Travel is an independent travel agency group located in the North of England. We are ABTA members with our own ATOL license – allowing us the flexibility to create bespoke travel arrangements and packages. We have recently opened our newest store in Stockton Riverside College to serve the business travel needs of local organisations, whilst simultaneously providing workplace training for two apprentices. The store will also serve the leisure travel needs of both the students and staff of the college.
The ideal candidate will be someone who can combine their previous experiences in travel sales, business development and management to make the project a success, and take it on as their own. Not only will the ideal candidate need to network and establish a business travel client base, they will need to ensure the successful operation of the company by training and mentoring the apprentices to a high standard, and oversee the general management of the branch.
The following qualifications and experience are necessary to the position; therefore, applicants must possess these in order to be considered:
- Travel industry experience in both Business & Leisure markets.
- Previous experiencing in management, training and development.
- Working knowledge of IT and Microsoft Office applications such as Outlook, Excel, and Word.
- Experience networking and gaining new business, and conducting external sales meetings.
- Full driving licence, with the flexibility to travel to meetings, our Head Office and other branches when necessary.
- Excellent writing skills with appropriate qualifications in Maths and English.
- The ability to work flexibly when necessary, including weekends.
Additional qualifications in training, teaching or management; as well as a good knowledge of leisure destinations, airline routes, ticketing and code share agreements would be advantageous.
Working with us – You’ll be joining an existing, close-knit team, with plenty of opportunities to enjoy traveling alongside your colleagues on our company trips (recent destinations include Switzerland and France). You’ll also be afforded other travel opportunities for both professional and personal gain, and the flexibility and rewards that come with being a part of a small business. Our salary exceeds industry averages, with rewards and bonus structures available for committed individuals.
If you feel you have what it takes to join Oneworld Travel Group in this role, please send your CV along with a covering letter to Louis on firstname.lastname@example.org – We look forward to hearing from you.